Terms and conditions
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. If the Driver does not meet our Driver Qualification Criteria or does not agree to these terms and conditions then the Driver may not, under any circumstances, access or use any vehicles from Electric Zoo.
2. By successfully completing the registration process, signing our hire agreement (if a consumer or business customer) and using or taking delivery of an Electric Zoo vehicle; the Driver confirms that the Driver Criteria have been met.
3. Drivers will strictly adhere to all user and other conditions relating to the use of an Electric Zoo vehicle listed below.
4. Enquiries related to these terms should be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Electric Zoo reserves the right to change its Registration Terms and Conditions from time to time, the most current version can be accessed on the website.
6. Electric Zoo will give notice of change of terms to Drivers in a timely manner and Electric Zoo “change of terms” notices will be considered given when such notice is:
6.1 Indicated and accessible from the first page of the Electric Zoo website.
6.2 Provided by email to the Driver’s email address.
7. The Driver may terminate their contract with Electric Zoo within fourteen (14) days of delivery of a change of terms notice.
8. A change of terms notice will be deemed to have been accepted by the driver after fourteen (14) days of delivery of notice.
9. If a Driver informs Electric Zoo in writing that he or she wishes to terminate this Registration Agreement, this Agreement will end the earlier of thirty (30) days after receipt of Driver’s notice of termination or, if an Electric Zoo vehicle is on hire to the Driver at the time such notice is given, the end of the hire agreement (whichever is sooner).
12. If Electric Zoo terminates this Agreement for a reason stated under the section headed Termination below, ALL hire agreements will also be terminated by Electric Zoo.
DRIVER QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
A named Driver must meet the following criteria:
25 to 75 years of age
A UK resident for at least 1 year
A full UK or EU Driving license holder for at least 1 year for Personal consumer, and 2 years for Business user
YOU MUST CONFIRM YOU DO NOT have any of the below:
Persons who have been disqualified from driving during the last 36 months and/or who have more than 6 points on their driving license and/or any of the following offence codes:
1. Theft or unauthorised taking UT
2. Drink or Drugs DR or DG
3. Dangerous Driving DD
4. Driving whilst disqualified BA
5. Driving whilst uninsured IN
6. Accident Offences AC
7. Careless Driving CD
8. Licence Offences LC30-50
9. Miscellaneous MS50-90
10. Mutual Recognition MR
11. Special Code/Totting Up TT
Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or insurance or cover cancelled by any motor insurance Persons engaged in any of the following occupations:
· Professional sportsman or sportswoman
· The entertainment or theatrical profession
· Racing or gambling
· Foreign Armed forces or Foreign Embassy
Persons who have been involved in more than one fault incident within the last 3 years.
Persons with a current criminal conviction that is not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 19746.
Carriage of passengers or goods for hire and reward including ride-hailing &/or food delivery within the GIG economy &/or any carriage of goods or persons for any form of profit or remuneration.
For Personal User contract use the vehicle for any commercial gain, business or occupation outside of travel to and from a place of permanent employment, occasional other journeys to employment meetings that are not intended for direct personal gain or use for social, domestic or pleasure.
Driving by any person other than the hirer who has completed a rental agreement or lease agreement for the period of cover concerned, unless off-hire has been agreed and is included in your schedule.
Driving by any person who is not a British or EU citizen.
No more than 6 penalty points in the last 3 years.
All major motoring convictions must be referred.
Not banned from driving within the last 5 years.
No more than 1 fault claim within the last 3 years.
Have been refused motor vehicle insurance or continuance thereof.
Use the vehicle on safari or an off-road adventure trail or any form of motor racing.
Have suffered from any disability or medical condition which has not been notified to the DVLA or which has been notified and resulted in the refusal of a driving license.
Any disability or condition that the DVLA are not aware of.
Have during the last 10 years been convicted of or has a pending prosecution for any criminal offence.
The above criteria are the minimum standards that we can accept at Electric Zoo, however, please note this does not automatically qualify you to drive an electric car with us as we must adhere to several other requirements.
Satisfying the eligibility criteria does not automatically give an applicant the right to become an Electric Zoo Driver:
1. Acceptance of the Driver’s registration application is subject to approval by Electric Zoo at its sole discretion.
2. An application may be denied based upon additional criteria established from time to time by Electric Zoo and its insurance providers.
3. A Driver may, at Electric Zoo’s sole discretion, be restricted from driving certain electric Zoo vehicles based upon the Driver’s driving history and experience.
4. Electric Zoo reserves the right to terminate the contractual agreement without notice for any breach under the qualification criteria, which will be deemed to be a breach of a material term under the Termination section below.
5. The Driver must accurately, truthfully, and fully complete the application process and deliver all information and documents required under the application process.
6. The Driver must accurately, truthfully, and fully inform Electric Zoo of any changes to the criteria listed above or of any other reason that might affect qualification at any time after and during the hire of an Electric Zoo vehicle.
MONITORING DRIVER CRITERIA
1. For the duration of this Agreement, Electric Zoo will monitor a Driver’s continued compliance with the Driver Qualification Criteria. In order to do so, Electric Zoo may ask a Driver for a DVLA check code in order that Electric Zoo may access the Driver’s DVLA records and ask Driver to re-confirm compliance with the Driver Criteria. Electric Zoo will limit the frequency of its requests to no more than once a month, unless Electric Zoo becomes aware of a road traffic offence that gives Electric Zoo reasonable cause to undertake an additional DVLA check.
An Admin fee will be charged at the point of booking.
DAMAGE WAIVER FEE
A Damage Waiver fee will be charged at the point of booking.
The Vehicle is provided for hire inclusive of (a) fully comprehensive insurance, (b) maintenance of the Vehicle, being regular service or maintenance in line with manufacturer recommendations including Roadside Assistance.
MILEAGE OPTIONS PERSONAL USER
1. Mileage is included in the standard package at 800 miles per month. Charges will apply for mileage incurred in excess of 800 miles per month.
2. If it is likely that a Driver will exceed 800 miles per month, an additional mileage package can be purchased in advance which can consist of 200, 500 or 700 additional miles. Mileage packages cannot be purchased after a hire agreement has started.
3. Electric Zoo’s current prices for optional mileage packages and excess charges for each car are available on its website, within the information for each car.
MILEAGE OPTIONS BUSINESS USER
1. Mileage is included in the standard package at 1,000 miles per month. Charges will apply for mileage incurred in excess of 1,000 miles per month.
2. If it is likely that a Driver will exceed 1,000 miles per month, an additional mileage package can be purchased in advance as highlighted on each car. Mileage packages cannot be purchased after a hire agreement has started.
3. Electric Zoo’s current prices for optional mileage packages and excess charges for each car are available on its website, within the information for each car.
Once authorised by Electric Zoo, a Driver must not allow any other person to drive an Electric Zoo vehicle unless the person has been added as an Additional Driver via the link sent to the person directly by Electric Zoo and the additional cost has been added to the original contract.
Non-UK Travel Permission
If you wish to take an Electric Zoo vehicle outside of the UK including the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey and Republic of Ireland, mainland Europe and Switzerland, please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide details on how you can obtain a VE103. This gives you permission to use the vehicle outside the UK. Please allow a minimum of 21 working days to complete this form before your intended journey. You will also require a ”green card” evidencing that the vehicle is insured for use outside the UK.
You will be required to take out your own insurance cover and roadside assistance package for travel outside of the UK including Northern Ireland See our website for the applicable charges.
3. A Driver may need an International Driving Permit in some countries, please check the Gov UK website.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
2. Electric Zoo track all Electric Zoo vehicles for security reasons and will collect personal information from Drivers during the period of hire.
3. Electric Zoo may provide personal information of Drivers to our logistic providers, the DVLA, local authorities and other relevant organisations seeking to collect any fines or penalties including private parking operators.
4. Electric Zoo may use telematics to track certain aspects of driving behaviour. This information will be used to allocate each Driver with a score (“Driver Score”). A poor Driver Score may trigger a further investigation into a Driver’s driving behaviour and treatment of an Electric Zoo vehicle. See the section on Driver Performance in the section below.
CARE OF YOUR ELECTRIC ZOO VEHICLE INCLUDING INSURANCE EXCESS
Care of an Electric Zoo Vehicle
1. The Driver is responsible for how the vehicle is driven. Road Traffic and other offences committed under the Road Traffic Law that can be directly attributed to the Driver will be the responsibility of the Driver, including the payment of any fines or penalties.
2. Electric Zoo includes insurance as part of its standard hire package and the Customer’s liability for damages in the event of an insurance claim will generally be limited to the standard damage excess charge as stated in the Hire Contract.
3. Electric Zoo’s insurance cover satisfies the requirements of the relevant law applicable in Great Britain to insure against liabilities for death, bodily injury and property damage caused by, or arising out of, the use of a vehicle on the road in Great Britain only.
4. Electric Zoo’s insurer’s significant exclusions and limitations are:
4.1 Loss or damage to the Vehicle arising from theft or attempted theft if the Driver has left the vehicle unlocked and active.
4.2 Accidental death of or injury to any person when a third party is liable.
4.3 The cover provided for damage to property involving an Electric Zoo vehicle is limited to £20,000,000 in respect of any one occurrence or series of occurrences arising out of one event.
4.4 Electric Zoo’s insurance cover does not include coverage for any loss of, or damage to, any goods in or on the vehicle or in or any goods in or on any third-party vehicle.
5. Driver agrees to comply with the above-stated insurance exclusions and limitations and will be responsible for the full cost of any accident or incident including all damages incurred if Electric Zoo’s insurance is invalidated due to a breach of these terms and conditions by the Driver.
6. Any breach of the “Prohibited Use” terms and conditions contained in Schedule 1 below may invalidate Electric Zoo’s insurance cover and will be regarded as a material breach of this Agreement which may result in termination of this Agreement.
7. The Driver is responsible for the safe installation of vehicle accessories that will be used during the hire period (and removed at the end of the hire period) and must check their condition before each use.
8. Drivers must comply with the Accidents and Collision Procedure as set out in Schedule 2 below.
9. If the Driver is involved in an incident whilst in charge of an Electric Zoo vehicle, a charge will apply (Insurance Excess). The amount of the Insurance Excess will be stated in the Hire Agreement but is currently £1,000.
10. Whether the Driver is the hirer or an additional listed driver, the Insurance Excess will be charged to the Contracted Driver after prior notification using the debit or credit card which the Driver has used to register with Electric Zoo.
11. If the cost of the repair is less than the Insurance Excess, the customer will be refunded any remaining balance.
12. If Electric Zoo’s insurers recover the Insurance Excess from the third party’s insurers on the conclusion of an investigation by Electric Zoo or its Insurers, the customer will receive a full refund of the Insurance Excess.
DURATION AND TERMINATION
1. The Contractual Agreement shall commence upon Electric Zoo sending a confirmation email to the Driver along with the first payment for the Admin Fee, Damage Waiver and the First Month’s subscription payment will be taken by Electric Zoo. It will continue for the agreed term of the contract.
2. Electric Zoo may terminate this Contractual Agreement on giving written notice should the Driver fail to comply with any material term or condition specified in the contract.
3. Electric Zoo, upon written notice to the Driver, acting reasonably, may also terminate the contract should the Driver engage in any conduct or activity that Electric Zoo deems inappropriate, negligent, offensive, abusive or otherwise unacceptable and for poor Driver performance.
4. Driver, upon written notice to Electric Zoo, may also terminate the contract after a change of terms, if the Driver is using an Electric Zoo vehicle at the time the Driver gives notice the contract will terminate at the end of the subscription period.
1. All terms and conditions in the Electric Zoo Contractual Agreement are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales.
2. If you are a consumer and live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the contract in either the Scottish court or the courts of England & Wales.
3. The contract is personal to the Driver. The driver may not transfer his or her rights and obligations under it to any other person. Electric Zoo may transfer or assign any of our rights and/or responsibilities under the contract to any other person at any time.
4. Electric Zoo may decide, from time to time, not to enforce some or all or any of its rights under the contract. If it does so, Electric Zoo will not be prevented from subsequently enforcing those or other rights.
5. If the Driver has any questions or complaints about an Electric Zoo vehicle or otherwise, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If you have a complaint, we will attempt to settle this amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties. Our complaint resolution process will be conducted in strict confidence and will be the subject of a review by a senior manager. If a settlement is reached, such settlement will remain confidential to the parties.
SCHEDULE 1: PROHIBITED USES
The use of an Electric Zoo vehicle is prohibited under the following conditions:
1. Use of an Electric Zoo vehicle off-road, or for racing, pacemaking, testing the vehicle’s reliability or speed, teaching someone to drive or in connection with motor rallies, competitions or trials.
2. Use the vehicle on safari or on an off-road adventure trail.
3. Use an Electric Zoo vehicle for private hire or otherwise profit from the use of the vehicle as a taxi or a courier.
4. Towing of any trailer or other vehicle.
5. By any person who is under the influence of alcohol or any drug or medication under the effects of which the operation of a vehicle is prohibited or not recommended.
6. In the carrying out of any crime or for any other illegal activity or purpose.
7. In an imprudent, negligent, or abusive manner or any other abnormal use of the vehicle.
8. By any person who has provided Electric Zoo with false information or whose representations are determined to be false including, without limitation, regarding his/her name, age, or address.
9. Carrying more passengers than the designed seating capacity of the vehicle.
10. Carrying baggage or other items that would cause the vehicle to be overloaded.
11. Carrying or transporting any hazardous, toxic, flammable, dangerous or illegal materials.
12. Driving while using a mobile communication device that may distract you from driving, including driving while texting, emailing, using a cell phone without a hands-free device or otherwise engaging in similar activities that may be prohibited by applicable law.
13. Smoking is strictly prohibited in an Electric Zoo vehicle.
14. You can take your pet in your Electric Zoo car. You must ensure that your pet leaves no scratch marks, dirt, or hair behind. You will have to pay an additional cleaning fee if this happens. For safety, we always recommend using a transport box for your pet and placing it in the boot.
15. Drivers must not make any modifications to an Electric Zoo vehicle.
16. Disconnect the vehicle from the internet.
17. Disconnect passenger airbags or assisted braking/autonomous emergency braking or other manufacturer safety features.
SCHEDULE 2: OPERATING PROCEDURES AND DRIVER’S OBLIGATIONS
1. Prior to taking possession of a vehicle, Drivers must do an exterior walk-around and an interior look-over and submit any damage through our Handover App which will be demonstrated to you by our team member at the point of the car handover to you which you must sign prior to driving the vehicle.
3. When using a vehicle, Drivers must follow the manufacturers operating instructions. You should report the following to Electric Zoo:
3.1 Any warning lights that stay on after the ignition is engaged
3.2 Indication of leaking fluids near the vehicle
3.3 Cracks or chips in the windscreen
3.4 Missing or inoperable signal or driving lighting
3.5 Broken or missing rear-view mirrors
3.6 Any other condition that may render the vehicle unsafe to operate
3.7 If you observe any damage during your use of the vehicle you are required to inform Electric Zoo of such damage
4. Any misuse of the vehicle or unreported damage will be considered by Electric Zoo to be evidence of Driver negligence. Damages caused by Driver negligence are not limited to the damage excess charge, as negligent use is not covered by Electric Zoo’s insurance.
5. The vehicle must be locked using the original key or card supplied by the manufacturer when not in use whilst under your contracted period.
6. You must report any damage or faults. A damage fee may apply but is not limited to, dents, scratches, collisions, flat tyres, windshield cracks, engine problems, or vandalism.
7. Drivers must monitor the performance of the vehicle and must, if service or maintenance is reasonably required, inform Electric Zoo at email@example.com.
9. Electric Zoo will replace the vehicle tyre if the tread is below 2mm.
10. Tyre puncture repairs are not included and if a tyre technician deems a tyre unfit for use or unrepairable, the tyre will have to be replaced and will be charge.
11. A replacement tyre must be a new tyre, fitted by a tyre technician and must match the brand and specification of the original tyre.
12. A call-out fee may apply for tyre repairs or replacements in the event the repair or replacement is required urgently or at the roadside.
13. Electric Zoo provides 24/7 Roadside Assistance support as part of our service. If required, call the emergency number provided in the glove box of your vehicle.
14. Unusual noises or driving feel or any other problems, including but not limited to; warning lights, indicators, inappropriate or strange engine or other mechanical sounds, performance changes or unusual driving feel, must be reported to Electric Zoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Failure to report such irregularities during the use of an Electric Zoo vehicle may result in an investigation which could lead to the Driver’s suspension or termination of the contract as well as the Driver being found responsible for any damages resulting from the continued use of the vehicle despite such irregularities.
16. All breakdowns, accidents or similar incidents involving Electric Zoo vehicles must be reported to Electric Zoo immediately by phone at 0845 833 3200 or email email@example.com in the first instance.
1. Customers will be charged for the hire of the vehicle until the vehicle has been delivered to us at the agreed Electric Zoo Hub or collected by us and signed for by the Driver on our Collection App.
2. Drivers must ensure the interior and exterior of the vehicle is clean on return. Additional cleaning may be required if we have given you permission to carry pets in the vehicle and if not done, a charge may be applied.
3. The Driver must check that he or she has not left any personal belongings in the Electric Zoo vehicle. Personal belongings left in the vehicle remain your responsibility at all times and we accept no responsibility for such.
4. All loose items, including but not limited to, charging cables, parcel shelves, floor mats etc, must be returned with the vehicle.
1. Stolen vehicles must be reported immediately to Electric Zoo by phone at 0344 856 2215 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Road Traffic collision and other Incidents
1. In the event of a collision or other incident, as soon as reasonably practicable, the Driver must report the collision or incident to Electric Zoo and its insurers. Please call Electric Zoo at 0344 856 2215 and also email at email@example.com.
2. Depending upon the severity of the collision or incident, the Driver may also be required to fill out and obtain an official police report form.
3. Drivers must provide to Electric Zoo and any claims adjustment service, the findings of any uninsured third party driver report or any notice relating to a claim or a lawsuit against Electric Zoo regarding any collision or incident involving an Electric Zoo vehicle.
4. Drivers agree to co-operate fully with Electric Zoo and its insurers in the investigation and defence of any claim or lawsuit.
Courtesy Car Terms & Conditions
1. In the case of a claim and subsequent repair reported via our insurer, or any scenario whereby the vehicle requires roadside assistance/recovery, you will be contacted directly by our partner who will arrange for your onward mobility and the provision of a courtesy vehicle at a time and location to be agreed directly with you.
2. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure you and your passengers safety and assist you with your onward journey, Electric Zoo and our partners cannot guarantee the immediate availability of courtesy cars, or that any courtesy car will be a like-for-like model of your vehicle, nor that it will be an EV.
3. Electric Zoo will endeavour to keep you mobile whilst your Electric Zoo vehicle is being serviced, having mechanical repairs, collision damage or bodywork repairs carried out by an Electric Zoo nominated Dealership or Authorised Repairer. This includes, if appropriate and subject to availability, provision of a courtesy vehicle by its nominated Dealerships or Authorised Repairers.
4. You must comply with our terms and conditions regarding maintenance and repair in order for this service to be provided. Courtesy Cars will not be provided in the event of negligence or where the customer is in breach of our terms and conditions of hire.
5. We will endeavour to provide a replacement Electric Zoo vehicle if you are in a courtesy vehicle for more than 7 days. This vehicle will become your permanent replacement, and you will not receive your original vehicle back.
6. Courtesy cars may be subject to the specific requirements of the provider of the vehicle – these will be aligned with the Electric Zoo’s minimum requirements, but it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure compliance with these requirements.
7. Courtesy cars are normally collected by the customer from the Dealership or Authorised Repairer at which the service or repairs are being carried out.
8. Our partners reserve the right to offer alternative methods of keeping you mobile, as appropriate.
9. Courtesy cars must not be taken from the UK.
10. Unless agreed otherwise in advance, you will be responsible for fuelling the courtesy car.
11. All other costs including, but not limited to Congestion Charge, parking fines, tolls etc. are the responsibility of the driver.
12. You may be required to provide a DVLA Code which can be obtained from DLVA.
13. Your Electric Zoo insurance provides cover for you and additional drivers included in your subscription to drive the courtesy vehicle.
14. The courtesy cars may be provided with separate insurance cover, and where provided this may be subject to an excess – it is your responsibility to understand and pay this excess as required. Please discuss this directly with our nominated Dealership, Authorised Repairer or vehicle provider upon collection of the courtesy car.
15. You may be required to pay a holding deposit on the courtesy vehicle.
16. When the courtesy car is returned, you are responsible for any damage done to the courtesy car. Electric Zoo uses the Advisory Fuel Rates as published by gov.uk to calculate the Fuel Reimbursement to you, we will reimburse a rate of 0.14p per mile for fuel only when a courtesy vehicle is used whilst our vehicle is off the road due to Breakdown/Non-Fault Claims only. This rate is based on a petrol car (1401cc to 2000cc) and has been taken from the gov.uk website.
17. The reimbursement Electric Zoo will pay per day based on 800 miles per month is 26miles per day which equates to £3.64p per day. We will require fuel receipts directly from the Driver, should the fuel receipts total less than the amount below, we would only reimburse the amount shown on the receipt.
18. Please send mileage details to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any fuel receipts for fuel used to confirm the distance driven.